Monday, September 5, 2011

Moving on

I just finished answering a challenge from a friend to blog about my summer with the Canadian FISU games women's volleyball team.  It was a great challenge that I am glad I accepted. I found that writing and blogging about the summer forced me to look at my coaching practices and how to implement them.

My friend Sandy McDonald explained to me the benefits of keeping the blog going. He is a PHD in educational technology and has many great ideas that I have implemented into my team already.  So I made the decision to create another blog.  This blog will center around the Brandon University Women's Volleyball Team. I am the head coach of this great team of athletes. I have decided to leave the Accidental Coach blog for my National team experiences, which I hope will occur again one day, thus Coaching Bobcats was formed. It can be read at

http://coachingbobcats.blogspot.com

I hope that those of you that find this link will enjoy reading it as much as I will writing it.

It is the start of the Bobcats 7th season so everything is fresh.  We have what looks like a tremendously committed group of athletes and coaches.  We can't wait for the season to start, tonight at 5:30 is our first chance to see the group together. This will be another good challenge for me personally and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment